Friday 8 April 2016

Chicago 2016 - Day Three

As I write this I almost feel like my body clock has settled down. Almost. By tomorrow I hope it will be right on track. We will see.

Last night I sat down to check something on my iPad and fell asleep straight away. I'm not even sure I had opened the browser before I was gone. Anne woke me up long enough to get me to bed, where I had my first deep sleep for a number of nights. It was wonderful. 

When I woke up this morning at around 4.00, it was still a stupid early time to get up, but I had enjoyed the sleep. I was surprised at how quiet the city of Chicago was at this time too. I expected it to be much busier and noisier. 

So, let me tell you a bit about the rooms we have. We are in a building called Fornelli Tower and we are on the side of the building. From here we look over Millenium Park and over to Lake Michigan. It is an amazing view early in the morning or late at night with lights and trees working together to create a sight that is so beautiful. We don't know how lovely it looks in the sunlight yet as it has been a day of light rain and even some snow. 

There are two bedrooms which is very handy, as you will shortly see. There is a kitchen, table and chairs, W-Fi, and Cable TV - and it is amazing that there can be so many channels and still nothing I want to watch. 

In other great news today, Bronwyn, my sister, joined us here in Chicago. I have no shame in saying that God has graciously worked things out so we were here at the same time and here when Tom is singing at some University Events. 



Anne and I enjoyed a slightly longer stroll than planned this morning as we went to do some food shopping at the Whole Foods Market. I like this place. Lots of good food here. This afternoon the three of us went out for a walk to visit the Chicago Blues Museum. If you know me, you'll know that I was pretty excited when looking at Google Maps and seeing this museum located just down the road from us. Fantastic. 
Or it would be. 

If it was there.

But it's not. 

After that disappointment we walked through Millenium Park, took some photos of the Big Bean (it is called something else) and wandered past the Uni where Tom is studying. We chatted to a homeless bloke named Kenny who allowed me to take a photo of him (actually, he asked me to) and then stopped at one of the many Strarbucks along the way. Anne ordered me a hot chocolate but still said "No" to the whipped cream! Oh well. I probably don't really need it. 

Tom joined us all for the first dinner Anne has cooked for him in over eight months, which was delicious. Then we wandered next door for some ice-cream. The size of this thing was ridiculous, but I what you to know that I persevered and got through it all. Pretty sure I won't be doing that again. 

Tomorrow we might do some more shopping and wandering through the streets of Chicago. 

No comments:

Post a Comment