Saturday 9 April 2016

Chicago 2016 - Day Three (Part 2)

Before I get onto day Four, there is one important thing I forgot to write about day three. I'm not sure how I forgot something as significant as this, but I did. 

We visited the Chicago Cultural Center which is just over the road from where we are staying. This was built as a library, but after the library outgrew the building and had to move it has been used as a building for other cultural things. Which is kind of irrelevant but gives the building some context. 

I have been 'moved' by stories, poems, sermons, sunsets, and a few other things. I don't know that I have never felt moved by a building before. But this building is something different. The foyer is incredible with stairways that draw your senses up to wonder what else is up there. Forget anything you've seen in Australia. This is amazing. 

The domes are truly amazing. I don't use the word 'awesome' often because I believe it is normally poorly used. In this context the term seems to fit though. The architecture and building and beauty is truly awesome. The tiles and the domes are built with Tiffany glass. But enough words. 

Here are just a few pictures.







No comments:

Post a Comment