Thursday 7 August 2014

The Adventure Begins

This adventure began on Monday August 4 2014 when the real estate agent who looks after the house we are renting called to tell us that the owner of the house is putting it on the market.


My initial response wasn't a positive one. I hate packing and moving house, and I feel like we've done this often enough.
But Anne said to us all that we should look at it like an adventure. And so I shall endeavour to do so.


Rent or Buy

While there are some great advantages to renting, and I'm happy to concede that is true, we are going to try and buy a house. There are two reasons for this. Firstly, it will help as we look to the future and a life beyond pastoral ministry. Second, it will give some control back to us and we won't have to deal with this again. I would add to this that in our time here over $40,000 has been paid in rent. And what do we have to show for it?
Nothing!
Nothing at all! And everything else we have invested in making the place better will be left behind. So we hope the next owners will enjoy the much-improved garden.

So the adventure begins. And we don't know where it will end.

No comments:

Post a Comment